The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) has awarded $635,000 in matching grant funds to 35 local tourism initiatives as part of the VTC Marketing Leverage Grant program. Hampton Roads communities shares in just over 21% of the funds as follows:
- Smithfield-Smithfield and Isle of Wight Encore Weddings Campaign, $2,500
- Williamsburg-Christmas in Williamsburg, $50,000
- Cape Charles, Chesapeake-20th Annual Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival, $5,000
- Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Alexandria-Coastal Food Tours of Virginia, $25,000
- Virginia Beach, Hampton, Suffolk, Williamsburg, Norfolk, Newport News-Coastal Virginia Web Site Marketing Initiative: “COASTAL VIRGINIA LOVE: Using the power of the Internet to build Coastal Virginia Visitation,” $5,000
- Norfolk, Virginia Beach-Virginia is for Arts Lovers – Weekend Getaways in Virginia, $50,000
Pictured: Virginia state tourism office’s over-sized LOVE artwork at three Virginia State Welcome Centers.